Studio Opening Times:
- Plymouth Mon-Sat: 10:00-16:50 / Sun: 10:30-15:40
- Torquay Mon-Sat: 10:00-16:50 / Sun: 10:30-15:40
Covid-19 Update* – Updated August 18th
Please note, according to Government guidelines, we will be offering piercings and fittings from July 13th.
We are taking the full precautions necessary to help reduce the spread of Covid-19.
Therefore we ask that you please:
– Do not bring anyone with you to your appointment.
– Any friends and family (aside from parents accompanying a minor) will no longer be permitted in the piercing studio.
– You will be required to wear your own mask upon your appointment.
– Any parent/guardian will also be required to bring their own mask with them.
– No mask = No Piercing or Fitting
Our available piercings will include Ears, Facial, Dermal, Genital, Navel & Surfaces. (Nose & Septum piercings will be available from August 15th!)
We will NOT be offering any Oral (Lip, Tongue, Madonna, Cheeks, Medusa, Web etc.) piercings until further notice.
We ask you to please contact us to reschedule your appointment if you:
– Are currently feeling unwell.
– Have been unwell within the past 2 weeks
– Have travelled outside of the UK recently
– Have been in contact with anyone feeling unwell
We appreciate this can be inconvenient, however, the safety of our customers and staff is of the upmost importance to us.
Stay safe everyone and please remember to wash your hands!
*We have the right to refuse anyone, under our own discretion, no matter the reason.
Limited Piercings available below: (We’re also offering Dermal, Genital, Navel, Nipple and Surface piercings). Nose & Septum piercings available from August 15th!
- We have introduced an online booking and consent form system. Appointments will be available 1 week in advance.
Looking After Your New Piercing*
Our Body Piercers at Tribal Voice will explain to you in detail how to look after your piercing once you leave the studio, and you will also receive an email stating the aftercare procedures after your appointment.
We recommend that you use Sea/Rock Salt and hot water solution twice a day with a cotton bud around the piercing. Purchase Sea or Rock salt from most supermarkets.
We recommend this solution to clean your piercing with as it is a very natural solution and contains no chemicals. We do not recommend using any other solution than this due to the strength of chemicals in others such as TCP, Tea Tree Oil or Savalon. Your piercing is a small puncture in your skin and your body will react to this and heal the piercing appropriately. Just ensure that your piercing is clean and leave it alone to heal, your body will do the rest!
How to make your salt solution:
Add 1/4 of a teaspoon of rock salt or sea salt to 1/2 pint of boiling water. Make sure the salt has dissolved and the water has cooled before using a clean cotton bud to dip into the water and then clean around the piercing. Use one end of the cotton bud around one side and the other end around the other side to stop any cross contamination.
The solution is very weak when you think about it, as he average mug is just under half a pint at 350ml
DON NOT USE TABLE SALT! It’s full of “yummy” chemicals that isn’t so yummy for your piercing.
You may think adding more salt to your water will help the piercing heal better/ quicker? This is most NOT the case! Too much salt will “burn” your piercing, leaving it very red, sore, dry and itchy and nobody wants that.
Over cleaning is also just as bad as under cleaning. If you over clean you will remove any good bacteria trying to help your new piercing heal.
Also, don’t play with or touch your new piercing! We know its tempting and you want to care for it but…. it won’t do any good! Not only does it make it dirty but it could even make it move/migrate!
Put the oils down and step away just for the moment. Coconut, Aloe Vera, Bio Oil… Just step away. You can always use these later when its healed but a little dry.
Choosing your mouthwash for oral piercings:
Choose a mouthwash that is ANTI BACTERIAL and ALCOHOL FREE. The alcohol in mouthwash will irritate your new piercing and leave it very unhappy. You can pick these up everywhere. Even Poundland! Just make sure you check the bottle for the “alcohol free” line. Even Corsodyl has alcohol in it!!!
I have lumps! whats going on?!
Lumps can be 1 of 2 things. The most common reason for lumps is irritation. Something may have gotten in the hole, it could be dust, makeup, hair products, ANYTHING. This foreign object will also be irritating it from the inside. So how can you make this horrible monster of a lump go away? You can use a hot compress.
A what I hear you say?!
- Grab a clean flannel or kitchen roll (rolled up), a mug and water…. and something to boil the water with.
- Boil water.
- Put said boiling water into the mug (or a bowl, a bowl works just as well). Let it chill for a bit.
- While it’s still hot but not skin meltingly boiling, dip your flannel/tissue/towel into the water and place over your new lumpy enemy and hold for a few minutes.
- Do this for a few nights in a row and you should see it go down or banished forever but you need to keep with it!
If it doesn’t go away there is a chance it may be a keloid but these are actually not as common as people think. If it is a keloid you can either see a doctor about it or just keep an eye on it. There isn’t a lot to make them go away. But do the hot compress first (and properly). After all miracles don’t tend to happen over-night!
REMEMBER! These are just guide lines/suggestions and things we have picked up from our own personal experiences. If you have any questions or problems do not hesitate to ask us about it. You can come and see us, give us a call, drop us an email OR send us a Facebook message (yes, we use Facebook too!)
*Once you have left the studio it is your responsibility to look after you’re piercing and important that you follow the aftercare advice emailed to you after your visit.